Monday 14 April 2008

Wii have lift-off

Well it's been a busy weekend, and a pleasantly long one too! It all started on Friday morning, when I had an excited call from home whilst I was on my way to work, to say "it's arrived". The "it" in question being a Nintendo Wii, which Coca-Cola have kindly sent us. I knew that my product loyalty would pay off in the end!

It's actually Nicky we have to thank, because she'd typed in the code from a Coke bottle on-line, and had entered a prize draw with it. Apparently, we were the lucky winners (the only ones in the country to get a Wii) and it arrived on Friday. Favourites so far are the bowling and the tennis, although I must confess that I have tried out the golf, and I can see myself getting addicted in the near future.

Also arriving on Friday were Mum and Dad, who came to stay with us for the weekend. Unfortunately we made a bit of a diary mistake and had double booked ourselves for the Saturday, and so ended up abandoning them for most of the day, but they went to visit Sue and Martin in their new house and went out for lunch with them.

Our plans on Saturday involved a trip to Tunbridge Wells with Carolyn, Chris and the boys, and Chris and I had the privilege of taking them all to see the Chuckle Brothers, whilst Nicky and Carolyn did a spot of shopping. This was Jake's second trip to see them, and he seemed to enjoy it just as much as the first time. I think that most of the jokes were probably the same!

On Sunday we took Mum and Dad to Bluewater and had a very nice lunch at the Loch Fine restaurant there, before having a little mooch around the shops, and today Nicky and I took Jake to see the Doctor Who exhibition at Earls Court. The exhibition was rather in the basement, but it was enjoyed by all nonetheless. The funniest part was Jake doing a great impression of a Dalek.





Then it was off to Covent Garden for lunch followed by a trip to Hamleys in the afternoon (that shop seems less and less appealing every time I go in - I must be getting old)!