Tuesday 27 May 2008

Disney Paris part 3

At last a bloggable photo - this is Nicky and Jake with our hotel (the Newport Bay) in the background, taken in a brief moment without rain. I'll just mention it once, and then say no more about it, today we got wet - really wet!
Today we went to the main park (interestingly I don't think they call it the Magic Kingdom here) and we were able to use our extra magic perk by going past the rope and into Discoveryland before 10am, albeit only by a quarter of an hour or so, and into the queue for Buzz. Nicky won again, but only because I was under strict instructions not to try too hard - honest.
Then Nicky and Jake went on Star Tours, which I sat out as simulators aren't really my thing, and then we all went to Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Sheltering from the not to be mentioned weather, Jake and I played in the arcade whilst Nicky got some coffees. Then it was off to Fantasyland for It's a Small World (cheesy fun as always) followed by the Snow White ride, which was rubbish, and I have the video to prove it.
Through Fantasyland and into Adventureland, and after a wander around Adventure Isle and Captain Hook's ship, we presented ourselves at the Blue Lagoon restaurant for lunch. Food was scrummy, and desserts were definitely the best bit - Nicky's was even on fire!
After lunch we stopped off at Big Thunder Mountain to collect Fastpasses before going to the Tarzan show - one of the best things in the whole park - makes me sad that they replaced Tarzan with Nemo at the Animal Kingdom.
Jake and I just managed to sneak on to Big Thunder before our Fastpasses expired, and Jake really enjoyed it. I was a bit worried for him at first, when we were plunged high speed into darkness, and I was doing my usual thing of over enthusiastic whooping to convince him that it was all good fun. I don't think he really needed it, although as we were being pulled up for the third time, Jake did ask me how much longer the ride went on. Still, it got two thumbs up when we got off.
Then back to Discoveryland for Jake and I to go on Autopia, before we headed for the exit, pausing at the end of Main Street to watch the parade.
Having got back to the hotel and dried off a bit, we got wet again by going for a swim in the hotel pool. This evening we've been over to Disney Village for tea (sandwiches and cookies) and now it's time for bed.
Weather forecast looks better for tomorrow .... ?
Health news - Heather was supposed to have her tracheotomy today, but they were unable to do it because her temperature and blood pressure got too high. Hopefully they'll try again tomorrow.