Sunday 21 December 2008

12 years

Shortest day of the year today, so it must be our anniversary! In celebration, Nicky and I went for lunch at The Swan in West Malling. The food there is absolutely divine. My favourite was the Brioche "Pain Perdu" pudding with custard and jam!
For our anniversary I bought Nicky a Swarovski necklace. Rather worryingly, my gift was a DIY manual, but also a new scarf, and two Thorntons chocolates for traditional reasons!
Christmas holidays have well and truly started now - no more work for a couple of weeks. And, not that I'm wishing our Christmas holidays away, but it's only eight weeks today until our next Orlando trip. I phoned WDW Dine last night and made some reservations. We got our first choices, which was a bit of a surprise as we booked earlier last time and still had to be flexible. Perhaps this is a sign of the credit crunch impacting the parks - either there are fewer people going, or they'll all be taking a packed lunch! We've booked for lunches at Teppan Edo (the other one in Japan at Epcot), the Whispering Canyon Cafe, and Le Cellier.