Monday 27 April 2009

Sunday blogging

It's Sunday morning so it must be swim-blog time! We've got Mum and Dad coming over for roast lunch today, followed by a trip to Haig and a chance to discuss final arrangements before what will hopefully be completion next week. Should provide for some "interesting" but
productive discussion.
Garden clearance is coming on well - in fact you can pretty much see the garage from the house now - the first time that's been the case in a few years methinks (judging by the size of some of the branches and trunks I was sawing through yesterday).
When I was there on Tuesday evening three of the four eggs had hatched into little bundles of fluff with open beaks pointing skywards. But yesterday the nest was completely empty. I can't believe that they would have been ready to fly the nest in such a short time. Seems as though this is an example of the harsher side of nature and that the local cats may have enjoyed an extra meal. I just hope that I hadn't contributed to their downfall by removing some of the brambles and making the nest more accessible. If I did then I'm really sorry.
Sawing away yesterday I did for the cheap saw that we bought from Asda so we're going to pop in and request a replacement on our way back from swimming. Whilst we're there I'm going to ask the pharmacist if they have any whizzy new hay fever remedies this year. Mine is just terrible at the moment. No doubt the garden work isn't helping but I don't think that is the main cause. Nicky will vouch for the fact that I'm a miserable bugger when I'm sneezing every 30 seconds!

(Note - Sunday blogging not sent until Monday as didn't synchronise my ipod when I got back! And I can confirm that our discussions were productive and we should definitely be on for completion on 5 May.)