Monday 27 July 2009

Treo, treo ...

.... Cadbury's make them and they cover 'em in chocolate!

No, not that sort, but my new phone/pda has arrived. It is a considerable improvement from the old k-jam, and I think that I will put my phone sim card in it and start using it as my phone as well. Who knows I might even manage to get some music on it and then I won't have to bring my ipod on the train as well.

Been in London all day today. Had a fairly manic start to the day dashing to be ready for my 6.45 taxi, but still managed to make the earlier train from Chatham and found myself at St Pancras at 8.30 with time to spare before my 9.00 meeting just along from the station.

Got out of my first meeting at ten and poked my head around the door of the British Library on my way back to the tube. Looks fascinating, and the kind of place that deserves a good few days / weeks to look around properly.

Then off to our offices for meetings for the rest of the day. It was the first time that I had been in one of the 10th floor meeting rooms, and the views down to the river were very impressive - especially when it stopped raining.

This evening we've been to an Italian restaurant close to Victoria called Santini. We'd moved the booking forward by an hour as Jeff's jet lag was kicking in, so I'm on my way home on the train now and it's not too late.