Saturday 1 August 2009

Shorefields

We decided to start our holiday one day early and so drove down to the New Forest late last night, arriving here at about half past eleven. Definitely the right thing to do, even if I didn't get away from work (in Reading) as early as I'd hoped and didn't get home until just after eight. Still, we managed the journey in good time and we've been able to enjoy a leisurely morning here rather than having to queue round the motorway and through Lyndhurst.

Fingers crossed that the rain might ease in a little while and we can head out to explore.

In other news, my IQ was delivered to the office yesterday morning so I had the chance to drive it to Reading and back. Not had a chance to play with all of its toys yet - something to look forward to after holiday - perhaps I should have brought the manual away with me for a little light holiday reading!