Friday 9 January 2015

Week

A whole week back at work completed. My first in quite some time. Two days in the office, two in Brighton, and one in London, and truth be told, I'm fairly tired. Probably as much due to the fact that I'd got rather used to being off for Christmas and taking it easy as much as anything. Certainly in the early part of the week falling asleep on the sofa in the evening seemed to be happening a fair amount. I think Jake was a bit disappointed with me when I kept missing the Wimbledon attacks against Liverpool in the FA Cup coverage. I'm sure I'll get back into the swing of things pretty soon.

One of the things that has definitely improved as the week has gone on has been the driving. During the course of the week I've done somewhere between 300 and 400 miles (which is more than I'd done since the start of December), and whilst I was certainly fine and safe throughout, I was aware at the start of the week that driving did require far more conscious effort than in really should. Having been driving for a long time, I've always considered myself to be a very good driver, and able to anticipate what all of the other road users around me are up to based on the littlest things, and because of the amount of time I spend in the car, it was almost second nature. However, certainly at the start of the week, it felt a lot more like hard work and something that required active concentration. Probably just a question of being out of practice, and I was aware yesterday and today that things were starting to feel a little bit more like normal, which is great news. Looking forward to more of the same next week. (Also looking forward to my new car arriving, which should hopefully be within the next couple of weeks.)