Wednesday 4 November 2015

Day 9 - golf and Golden Oak

A second early start in a row today, and even earlier than yesterday. This time Jake and I were up and out at 6.30 and along the road to Saratoga, and the Lake Buena Vista golf course in plenty of time to get set up for our 7.30 tee time.

I won't go into exhaustive detail here, but we played with a couple of American guys who were very good, but also thankfully very understanding of having a couple of beginner Brits with them. A highlight each would be that I got a par 3 on the 7th with the island green, and Jake got a par 3 (and was the only one of the four of us whose tee shot found the green) on the 16th which is also over water.

After our round Jake and I popped back to OKW for a much needed cooling shower and change before heading to Springs (trying our parking garage orange for the first time!) and meeting the others at Mirimoto for lunch - another new experience that was declared a success - my duck nasi goreng was excellent.

Then, in the evening, Nicky and I had another new culinary experience - we went to the Capa restaurant at the Four Seasons resort at Golden Oak. The resort is particularly impressive - I can see I spending a few nights there at some point in the future, and the food was excellent. We shared a charcuterie and cheese board to start, and then both had superb steaks as out main course. (I even had a glass of red wine to accompany mine - a red letter day indeed!)

Untitled