Thursday 12 April 2018

I want my time with you

A busy start to the week, and early on Tuesday as I was arriving at St Pancras I noticed that there was a new artwork in the station, and it seemed to be a neon sign. I didn't get a chance to pay any more attention to it than that as I dashed off for my tube train.

However, on my way home I went for a closer look and this is what it said.

I want my time

It turns out that it had only just arrived, and even featured on the news later that evening, including an interview with Tracy Emin about why she'd decided that those words were appropriate.

I know who I want my time with. In fact I've known for a very long time.

To seal the deal, there was even a busker in the station playing and singing at one of the pianos:

I don't want clever conversation
I never want to work that hard
I just want someone that I can talk to
I love you just the way you are.