Thursday 6 September 2018

Publication

Don't know quite why, but 6 September seems to be a good day for publication of new books. Perhaps it is the firing of the starting pistol for the Autumn publishing season and the lead up to Christmas. Perhaps it's just an opportunity for people to pick up something new to cheer the spirits after the summer holidays are over.

In any case, of the list officially published today, I actually picked up my signed copy of 'Paris Echo' yesterday, and my signed copy of 'Transcription' is waiting for me at Waterstones. The Amazon locker has a paperback copy of 'Going on the turn' also awaiting collection (which feels like it has been a long wait - I read volume 2 four years ago).

Also in the locker is a copy of '21 lessons for the 21st century', which I am looking forward to after reading Sapiens.

As for my lunchtime stroll today, I did pretty well - Alan Bennett's 'Four Stories', and Stephen King's 'Revival', both in first edition for £1 each (I've got and read Revival already in paperback, but couldn't resist a pretty pristine first edition for £1), and one of the few missing Reacher paperbacks for 50p. Not bad.

In any case, probably shan't read anything this evening. Far more important things to do - off for a celebratory meal with the Andersons to mark the soon to be starting university adventures.