Thursday 25 February 2021

Watch

 For my birthday this year, I of course received some books, and some tokens to be applied to more books. And I am extremely grateful for these gifts, because as everyone knows, I have a bit of a thing about books, and will enjoy both the reading and the choosing. I could happily do another post about forthcoming publications I've got my eye on (the new Stephen King hard case crime paperback is out next week ...).

However, Nicky bought me a couple of rather good gifts.

The first is an electric masher. Yes - weird I know, but I am in charge of mashing, and I like my mash creamy. Enough said.

The second is an Apple Watch, and I am wearing it right now. It seems to think my name is Nicky (a combination of Nicky previously having one and us sharing an Apple account), but that's fine, I don't mind. It's brilliant. It keeps pinging and telling me that I need to stand up, or breathe, or move around a bit. It takes phone calls, it delivers messages. It has all sorts of clever health-related apps, like checking my heart rate, or oxygen levels, or even doing an ECG (particularly useful). It has loads of other apps I haven't figured out and look forward to playing with.

Best of all - every time I look at it to check the time, it shows me a different Toy Story character. I just had Jessie, and right now it's Buzz Lightyear!