Sunday 22 October 2023

Buccaneers

Road trip for J and me today to Tampa and a first - a chance to see an NFL game, finally completing the set of hockey, basketball, baseball and football.

Travel was straightforward (95% I4), parking easy (J had booked us lot 14 in advance), food ok (we had a free sample from the Publix zone outside before we went in, and then Jake had a pretty decent burger, whilst I insisted on having a 'foot-long' which was pretty average), stadium impressive (it has its own pirate ship), weather hot (I took advantage of the free - gloopy - sun lotion dispensers. Jake didn't), merchandise so so (I think J might be saving himself for Wednesday, but hey, we got free T-shirts!), and game very entertaining (even if the wrong team kicked the winning points with four seconds to go!).

Meanwhile, in Orlando, I am reliably informed that the new Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' is excellent!

To finish the day off, once we were all home, as I hadn't seen her all day, N and I went out for dinner together. We found Estefan's Kitchen, just off 192, and the food and the music were only bettered by the company.