Sunday 11 January 2009

Sunday blog

Well you can tell that it's been a week of back to work, as I'm back to my Sunday blogging. We've all made it through our first week back, and as is tradition, I will be off to Brighton for the week next week.

Jake and I went to the London Boat Show yesterday. It must be somewhere between 15 and 20 years since I last went, and the first time that I've been to the show since it moved to Excel (which is a great venue, and dead easy to get to - about 40 mins in the car, through the Blackwall Tunnel and turn right). Jake and I had a great time having a look around some seriously stunning boats. We spent a long time on each of the Fairline, Sunseeker and Princess stands, and managed to get on all of the largest boats. Jake also really enjoyed having a look around the HMS Westminster.






Today Jake's been back to swimming for the first session of the New Year, and then we went over to Hempstead Valley for a haircut and for some lunch. The dog's had her walk in the woods, and we'll be over to Nanny and Grandad's for tea soon.

Health news is rather mixed. Mum and Dad are on the mend, albeit it is taking a while. Hopefully Rew and Frances are too, although I haven't spoken to them since mid week. However, we had a call from Phil this morning to say that Kate has been causing the medical profession no small amount of concern after her operation on Thursday. Apparently the operation itself went OK, but the next day they realised that Kate had some serious internal bleeding and rushed her to another hospital for another operation. Phil tells us that at one stage there was a team of 20 people all working on her, and it didn't entirely dawn on him how serious the situation was until a nurse came over to him and said "they're doing everything they can". It sounds like the second operation was a success, but that Kate will be in hospital for longer than originally planned! Hopefully Nicky will be able to get over there soon and give her big hugs from all of us.

Amazingly, the 365-2009 project is still on track. Mid week I did resort to taking some pet piccies just to keep things going! It was a shame that I didn't have a camera with me on Thursday evening as I was at an event in Leeds Castle, and it looked really impressive all lit up in the wintery night.