Wednesday 11 March 2009

The Last Post?

Well this will probably be my last post done from the trusty old Viao desktop (RX406), which is about to be pensioned off. We are part way through redecorating the study, and as part of the redesign, there's no place for the old computer desk, or the slow and noisy machine that sits on it. So, I am currently doing one last backup to the external hard drive, and then the plug will be pulled.

We will be a one computer family for a little while, managing with the little laptop, but I will probably get a new machine fairly soon. I am looking at one of the basic Sony laptops (not a mini one like our current laptop) and will most likely end up getting one from Amazon. As always with computers, it is much cheaper than this machine, but considerably better spec. Still, I shouldn't be surprised given that I bought this computer at the start of 2003, so it has put in over six years of good service - not a bad effort at all!