Sunday 21 March 2010

Sunday evening

It's Sunday evening and my legs ache. Been playing football rather a lot with Jake, taking advantage of the dry and mild weather. We've been playing outside whilst Chelsea were on the telly, and the last Jake heard they were 1-0 up. Now he's playing on FIFA10, and at some point I'm going to have to let him know that Blackburn got a late equaliser! The football question that I'm contemplating is whether it is still to soon to start daring to dream that Spurs might bag the 4th place spot in the league and get into the Champions League next season? They won away yesterday, and Villa only drew, and today Liverpool have lost. Come on you Spurs (and an FA Cup quarter final replay in the week as well) - it's all too much!

Garage clearance is coming on really well in advance of our new garage door being fitted this week, and then Mike making a start on the games room conversion as soon as we get back from holiday. I'd like to claim some credit, but don't really deserve any - Nicky worked like a Trojan whilst I sat by the side of the pool this morning watching Jake swimming. No blogging from the side of the pool today as my phone battery had died, so I carried on with reading Chris Evans' book (trying not to cry when he explained how his Mum told him that his Dad wasn't going to get better). Jake and I supported the effort in the garage when we got back from swimming by playing a game of pool now that we can walk around the table easily.

Only twelve days to holiday now. Nicky has sent an e-mail to our San Francisco hotel to ask them about the best way to get from the airport to them - their first customer service challenge from us - I wonder whether we will accept the first room they offer us when we get there!