Tuesday 17 July 2012

Partners

When I was in Florida for a few days in June, I took the opportunity to take a rather large number of photos. As my family knows, this is a bit of a habit when in the parks, and can get rather annoying for them at times when I am constantly lagging behind, or disappear for a moment, just to get one more shot.

(My reputation is worst when it comes to Cinderella Castle, and for the record I can confirm now that, yes, I do currently have xxx photos labelled with the tag "Castle" in Flickr, but also that, yes, I will continue to take more pictures on future holidays!)

So, anyway, as I say, I took the opportunity to put the camera into overload in June, knowing that I wouldn't be holding anyone else up, and I've just finished uploading about 600 new pictures into my Flickr account, and so I can start an occasional series of picture posts.

I'm going to start with the little statuettes that surround the Partners statue. The Partners statue has stood at the centre of the hub at the end of Main Street, and in front of Cinderella Castle, since June 1995. It depicts Walt and Mickey hand in hand, and is really rather lovely.


Mickey and Walt Partners Walt Mickey


However, whilst the Partners statue gets the most attention, and usually has a fairly constant stream of people having their photo taken in front of it, there are another eight smaller statues in the central hub, spaced around the outside, and depicting some of Disney's most famous characters.



Brer Rabbit Minnie Donald Pinocchio Pluto Dumbo Chip 'n' Dale Goofy

On previous trips, we've even been known to have our photos taken with them!
 
Jake and Donald