Friday 29 March 2013

Flower

The time has come for a long overdue post, now that I have been at WDW for a bit more than 24 hours.

The rest of my time in Atlanta was fairly uneventful, even if it did turn out that I'd rather bashed up my legs playing Whirlyball, and walking was a little bit painful for the next couple of days.

That evening, we went out to a nice steak restaurant not far along the road from our hotel, and then we were in the office all day on Tuesday. We did, however, manage to catch up with our US colleagues over the course of Monday and Tuesday, meaning that once the Tuesday meetings were finished, Ian made a dash for the airport so that he could get the Tuesday night flight home, whilst I stayed one more night in Roswell, and hitched a lift with the US guys back to the airport on Wednesday morning.

My flight to MCO wasn't scheduled until just after 7pm, and we arrived at the airport a little after 9am. I was hoping that I would be able to move my flight to the morning, but it turned out that the first one with space was at 2.55pm, which meant that I had a fairly long wait at the airport, during which I caught up on a few work emails and calls, read my book, finished it and bought another one, and generally wasted time.

Still, the flight left on time, and we were a little early into Orlando, and my bag was waiting for me when I went to baggage reclaim (already off the belt to the side, but being looked after by an attendant - I wonder whether my bag went on an earlier flight than me), and there was no line at the Budget desk, so I picked up my car (a Mazda 2) and drove straight over to the Caribbean Beach and checked in.

By the time I got here it was about 6pm, and once I'd unpacked, had a little explore, and facetime'd with Nicky, I decided that I was too tired to venture any further out and that I would save my explorations for today.

I was up and out at a reasonable time this morning, and true to form, went and parked at the Boardwalk, and enjoyed a leisurely stroll over to the International Gateway. I then spent a very pleasant morning in Epcot admiring the lovely Flower and Garden Festival displays. I have never seen Epcot looking so lovely. I ended up taking over 200 photos today (be warned), but will only add a select few to the bottom of this post.

I left Epcot in time to get back to the hotel for 3pm so that I could FaceTime with Nicky when she was at her Mum and Dad's. Unfortunately I got my times muddled up and so ended up trying to get through to Nicky whilst she was still on her way home from Kings Hill. Still, no great problem as it gave me time to upload a few photos before catching up with everyone.

Once I'd done that, I headed back out and had a productive trip to the Premium Outlets, after which I had a much less productive trip to Downtown. I had to park all the way over near Cirque, and the place was packed, so I gave up fairly soon and went and had dinner at Denny's before coming back here. I'll have another go at Downtown during the day at some point in the next couple of days.

Right here are some photos of the lovely-looking Epcot.

Tigger Beautiful Epcot Cogsworth Chinese Dragon Beautiful Epcot