Sunday 15 March 2015

Breakfast

I have arrived safely in Dallas. In fact right now I am sat in the hotel restaurant tapping away on my phone, having put away an American buffet breakfast. I may head back for some toast in a minute. No rush, as the mall that I'm heading to today doesn't open until 11.

Flight was uneventful and smooth. I finished off The Great Gatsby, read most of Marty Sklar's book, and watched Big Hero 6 and The Imitation Game (and did no work at all!). The only slight disappointment was that after landing early at DFW there was no gate available for us so we had to wait on the tarmac for almost an hour before getting off.

Still, getting through the airport was easy and there was a man waiting to bring me to the hotel. Plus I have his card and can call him for a ride back to the shops this morning.

Slept ok, started to wake from 4ish onwards. Had a lovely long chat with N & J over FaceTime. Funny isn't it how with distance comes perspective. What a truly wonderful family I have.