Sunday 6 September 2009

Swim time

It's Sunday morning, it's September, and so that can mean only one thing - Jake is back in the pool for swimming lessons with Bex. As per usual a fair amount of time seems to be spent on chatting rather than swimming, but already he's practicing front crawl with head in the water, breathing every third stroke.

My time signed off work comes to an end tomorrow and I have an appointment with Dr Nathan in the afternoon to see how I am getting on. Hopefully it will be OK to start getting back to work gradually, and I can go in to the office on Tuesday to catch up with people and then work from home for a day or two. My next blood test is on Thursday morning. Last Thursday's showed that my INR had gone down to 2.0 so I am staying on 3mg for most of this week, with just a couple of days on 4mg, presumably to move it up by a few decimal points. Annoyingly I have a bit of a cold at the moment and I'm not supposed to have Lemsip at the moment, so Nicky is making me honey and lemon drinks. Need to make sure that they don't think I've got swine flu at the doctors or they won't let me in!

Jake and Bex are sat on the side at the moment and Bex is trying to to persuade Jake to try a little dive. No luck so far!