Monday 22 August 2011

Season

As the cricket season (for test matches at least) draws to a close in fine form, the football season is getting into its stride. All of the Premier League teams have now played at least one game, now that Spurs have played their first one.

Unfortunately, their fixture for the opening day, which should have been at home to Everton, was postponed, due to the riots that had taken place just down the road, and this meant that our season opener was a rather tougher fixture - away at Old Trafford.

I was out for a curry with work this evening, and I turned on Five Live on the way home. The second half was under way, and I was pleased to discover that it was still 0-0, and in fact Spurs were pressing forward - things seemed encouraging.

That didn't last.

By the time I arrived at home, there were only a few minutes left to play, and we were 2-0 down. Now that I check the final result I see that we let in another one before the final whistle.

So, now that everyone has had a game or two, where are Spurs in the table.

20th.

And so starts another long and frustrating season.

Still, we can only improve our league position from here!