Tuesday 21 January 2020

J2

As always, limited sleep on first night. Got off ok, woke up at about 3am, tried and failed to get back to sleep, eventually managing to fall asleep again just about in time for my alarm to wake me up.

During the sleepless hours, ended up finishing off my first book of the trip (for some reason I had started three on the way over), Michael Lewis's 'Boomerang', which looked at the perilous state of various European (and some US state/municipal) economies after the financial crash. As I think I've said before in the blog, his books are brilliant and extremely readable. I think I am in danger of catching up with everything that he has written in the not too distant future (very helpful that he makes his books available on the library app - not all authors as popular as him do so).