Wednesday 14 October 2009

Ebbsfleet

I was in the London office today and decided that I would try out a different way of getting there. Rather than getting a taxi down to Chatham station, I got in the car and drove to Ebbsfleet International, and got the fast train (17 mins!) to St Pancras. From there it was only one stop on the Circle Line plus a few minutes walk to the office.

The fast trains are new and clean, and there was no problem in getting a seat in both directions (even though I got the 5:37 train home which I would have thought is one of the busiest rush hour trains of the day). The Ebbsfleet station is also brand new with a coffee bar, newsagents etc.

I was about 1 hour and 20 minutes door to door - I may never go to Chatham station again !!

(In other news, we've just booked some flights - more about that later!)