Saturday 10 September 2011

Title

The beginning of today seems like a fairly long time ago, and I didn't even get up particularly early. I was last out of bed, as Nicky had to get off to work, and I think that Jake has become used to early mornings already!

Walked the dog, played a bit of street cricket with Jake (he's starting to hit the ball really hard now!) and left for Hampshire as around 4 o'clock. Decided to come down the A3 so that I could try out the recently opened Hindhead tunnel, and got here just before six.

Mum has laid out a selection of four or five books for me to consider for reading - may be a bit of a challenge given that I've brought three with me.

Roast chicken for dinner was lovely (having Sunday lunch on Saturday evening in case we don't have time tomorrow) and then we've been watching the last night of the Proms, mostly marvelling at the bonkers costume that the soprano was made to wear for Rule Britannia.

Flicked over to the US Open now to see if Murray can get past Nadal in his semifinal.