Saturday 17 September 2011

A Blue Day

A thoroughly nice weekend day today, not really blue at all, thanks in no small part to (once a couple of emails had been dispatched this morning) doing my level best to not do any work at all. Jake and I enjoyed a few goes on his new driving game this morning (I could put up with being beaten in all the sporting console games whilst I still felt that still had a fighting chance in the driving simulations, but I think even that is slipping away now!), Nicky and I had a wander in the woods with the dog after lunch, and then we went over to Blue-water to meet up with Bec, Harry and Oliver and have some tea with them. Lovely to see them all - didn't matter that we ended up having dinner in Burger King (Carluccio's menu didn't appeal, Ed's is closed for refurbishment, and there was a long queue at TGI).

As for the blue day, well I'm currently reading a book about someone who was born on a blue day, and it's rather good. More on that another time.