Thursday 4 September 2014

Rivers

A couple of days without blogging, so will be needing to sneak in a couple of bonus blogs somewhere along the way during the rest of this month to keep things moving along. Tuesday's excuse was a late night of Ikea furniture building (not that I did very much compared to others) and yesterday's was an even later night spent at a work wine tasting evening in London. Thankfully I managed to do a reasonable job of sipping my way through the eight different wines that we were tasting during the course of the evening (unlike some) and therefore managed to stay reasonably with it, although today has also seemed like a fairly long day!

Sad news about Joan Rivers today, and whilst this is most definitely not a blog to make a point of commenting on the passing of every celebrity (I seem to have a brother in law who takes a morbid delight in doing that on an annual basis), even if I did rather go on about Robin Williams a few weeks ago, I saw something on twitter from 'Letters of Note' written by Joan Rivers, and as the introduction said, clearly she was hoping for a more interesting death:

When my time comes, I'm going to go out in high style. I have no intention of being sick or lingering on or dragging on and on and boring everyone I know. I have no intention of coughing and wheezing for months on end. One morning you'll wake up and read a headline: Joan Rivers found dead ... on George Clooney's face. Clooney was so bereft, all he could say was, "Xjfhfyrnem."

Shame she didn't quite get her wish!