Tuesday 30 September 2014

Message for Mum

Hello Mum - I do like our occasional conversation by blog!

I'm sure that Neil Gaiman understands Terry Pratchett far better than you or me, given that he actually knows him, but I know what you mean. Terry does come across well in interviews, and whenever I hear him speak I am reminded that there is a huge body of work of his that I must get stuck into one day, having managed not to read a single book of his thus far (Dave has always been a big fan).

Mind you, should I ever have the terrible misfortune of being diagnosed with Alzheimer's, I would imagine that I would go through a stage (possibly temporary, possibly longer!) of being spectacularly pissed off and angry about the situation!

As to the latest Book People catalogue, yes, definitely some good bargains as always, although some of the best bargains seem to be for things that I already have (Ian Fleming, Douglas Adams ...). Will be interested to hear what Mitch Albom is like - not actually read either!

Talk soon.

M x