Tuesday 9 September 2014

Waiting list

Popped in to Crawley library yesterday to ask them about how I can get on the waiting list for books that they haven't got yet / haven't been published yet, and it turns out to be pretty straightforward - just look on the catalogue and if they have confirmed it as coming in the future, it can be reserved like any other.

So, I have reserved the new Ian McEwan (The Children Act) from Crawley, and despite the pricier Sussex reservation cost, I think this is one area in which Kent trumps Sussex, as I don't think I can actually see where I am in the queue on the Sussex website, which is a bit of a shame.

Having learned how to do it, and given that we are approaching the time of year when lots of interesting books get published, I have reserved three books from the Kent library system, and here I can track my place in the queue, which is as follows at the moment (none of the following books have been published yet):

- David Nicholls - Us - 153 out of 158
- John Grisham - Gray Mountain - 72 out of 74
- Danny Baker - Going off Alarming - 26 out of 26.