Tuesday 15 January 2019

Singapore

Hello from the Fullerton.

I am typing this on the laptop in the lobby, having had a Fullerton breakfast on the terrace, and just spent a little while catching up on some emails. We will be heading out for a lunch meeting soon, followed by a couple more meetings this afternoon, and then tomorrow we are off to Kalimantan.

First night was a typical jet-lag broken sleep effort - read, sleep for a while, read some more, and so on. I finished my first book - Anthony Horowitz's 'The Word is Murder', which was quite an amusing read. In a break with tradition, I've brought an actual, physical, book with me on this trip, and have made a start on it this morning. I've finally bought a copy of Matthew Walker's 'Why we sleep', which already looks very interesting - even if it was a little close to home dealing with the problems of jet-lag already!

Well it is just about time to head off for lunch. Lunch looks like being a short walk from the hotel, but then our next meeting is a little further away so we will probably take the MRT. Jake would be impressed to know that I have even brought my MRT card from our previous visit with me - although I have no idea how much credit I have left on it ...