Tuesday 19 May 2020

Evensong

We live in a world of virtual gatherings at the moment. Until about two months ago, whilst it was lurking on my computer as one of the suite of Microsoft products that came as part of our Office package, I think I could count the number of times that I had opened the 'Teams' application on my fingers. Now I use it several times every day, and without it, I wouldn't have clapped eyes on any of my colleagues since March. This week, we are even doing a virtual overseas trip all thanks to Teams!

Anyway, taking a look at the BBC news site earlier on today, I noticed a mention of a virtual evensong that was taking place this evening at 6.30pm, arranged by an organisation called the Rodolfus Foundation, who I hadn't previously heard of. When I took a look at the order of service, I knew that I would have to listen, as it included contributions from Richard Coles and Stephen Fry, one of the readings was I Corinthians 13, and the anthem was I Was Glad.

It was excellent, and for future enjoyment, the recording is available on YouTube here.