Thursday 21 May 2020

WFH

I am trying to remember when my last day in the office was. Official UK lockdown began on Monday 23 March, but I had certainly been working from home for part, if not all, of the previous week, so that must make it 9-10 weeks of working from home so far.

Thankfully our IT systems were pretty well established from day one, so it was possible to do so, although at that stage, all I really had was my laptop. Since then, a fairly large amount of additional kit has been organised, and I've done a pretty good job of colonising the study. I now have a docking station for the Surface, to which I've been able to connect two external screens, wireless keyboard and mouse, a couple of little external speakers, and I'm connected up to the home printer. I've even taken delivery today of a new office chair.

It goes to show that there is definitely some mileage in doing some more remote working, even once we're allowed to go to the office again.

Home office