Sunday 27 July 2008

27 Tiles

How long does it take to lay 27 vinyl floor tiles? If it's me, about a day and a half. Still we always knew that I wasn't really cut out for DIY. Having said that the bathroom is looking pretty good now - freshly painted walls, new cabinet, new mirror, and now new floor as well. Nicky did a great job of covering up my dodgy tile-cutting with a liberal amount of sealant around the edges!

I ache now!

Made it up and out in time for church this morning, and blagged my way through the hymns OK. Otherwise, the only other excitement of the day was popping over to Hempstead for a haircut. I bought a Sunday Times on my way in, thinking that I'd be in for a long wait, only to find the place empty - didn't even make it through one article.

Nicky has spent her hard-earned boot fair money on a water cooler / filter / dispenser machine. We now have chilled filtered water on tap, and a little juke box-looking, blue-glowing machine sat in the corner of the kitchen.