Wednesday 30 July 2008

Why I should get a Cayman!

I've been in Brighton yesterday and today, in client meetings with our US colleagues, and we went out with them in Brighton to La Strada last night. I was sat with some of the US guys, and somehow we got on to the topic of environmentalism. They were telling me about an economist called Julian Simon, who apparently argues against pretty much everything that the green movement has to say. They were saying that he puts forward the case that we shouldn't be worried about using up the resources that the world has, because the sooner the resources get scarce, the sooner we, as a race, will be properly motivated to develop new technologies, and therefore, as can be seen from the lesson of history, the sooner everyone's quality of life will improve further.

Sounds insane to me, but hey, what do I know! Perhaps I should bin the Prius and get that Cayman after all!

Stayed down in Brighton last night, in the Queens Hotel near the seafront. We were going to try out the new Jury's Inn near the office, but it was full. Still, the Queens did a good cooked breakfast.

Good news on the Starbucks front. Had an e-mail from them on Monday thanking me for my message and asking for my address. I sent that over to them, and today a £10 Starbucks card arrived in the post. Nice one Starbucks - that'll do nicely for a couple of lattes and a couple of rocky roads!