Saturday 26 July 2008

It's a Rocky Road

Yesterday I was working in Weybridge in the morning, but needed to get back to the office at lunchtime for a course in the afternoon, so I popped in to the Weybridge Starbucks before heading back.
Alas, when I got back to the office, all was not well, as the e-mail sent yesterday evening to Starbucks explains:

"Dear Starbucks

I am writing to you about a visit to the store in Weybridge, Surrey earlier on today. I was working in Weybridge this morning, and decided to buy lunch for myself and a colleague in Starbucks before driving back to my office near Gatwick.

It being Friday, I decided to treat myself to a slice of Rocky Road. I waited for my latte whilst my colleague picked up the bag with our sandwiches in. Having collected my drink we drove back to the office. Imagine my disappointment when upon unpacking our lunch, I discovered that my Rocky Road was missing. It being 30 miles from the office to the Starbucks store, it wasn't really practical to go back for it!

I wanted to let you know about this oversight and to ask whether there is anything that can be done about it, to compensate for my disappointment and lack of a Friday cake treat!

I look forward to hearing from you.
"

No reply yet!

Me - petty - as if !!!!

This morning Nicky was up at the crack of dawn and off to the Addington boot fair with a car load of stuff. Jake and I joined her at a far more civilised hour. The good news is that we came back with considerably less stuff, and around £70 or so more money!

Off out this evening with Neil and Sue. Everyone seems to think that it's funny that I have to get up and go to play the piano at church tomorrow morning!