Sunday 26 September 2010

Return visits

It's Sunday afternoon, and whilst the Songs of Praise / Antiques Roadshow inevitability is still a little while away, I nonetheless find myself reminded of that Sunday evening feeling from many years ago when the point in the weekend would always arrive when homework could be ignored no longer.

Some things never change! Just that now it is the work that I brought home for the weekend, with all good intentions, rather than the homework that was due in on Monday morning. I can claim to have done a bit of it, but still my work laptop sits in the other corner of the room looking accusingly at me.

Obviously I'd much rather be doing my own thing. So here I am mucking about on the Mac, uploading photos to Flickr (the never-ending task), browsing the web, reading Kate's blog, and generally avoiding my work!

The Singapore Grand Prix was on today. Didn't actually watch any of the race, but saw a few minutes of the build up, and was reminded that Singapore is another one of those places that is on my must-d0-a-return-visit list, along with pretty much everywhere we went in California, plus Vegas, Boston and New York in the US, and the South of France, Florence and Rome from our cruise holidays.

I have been lucky enough to go to Singapore three times, in 2005, 2007 and 2009, each time thanks to a company that I was working with. Each time I was en route to or from Indonesia and Malaysia so didn't get to stay very long, but from what I saw, it was a great place for a visit.

On my last trip I went on the Singapore Flyer, and carrying on the tradition of visits to Monaco took photos of bits of race track!


Pole position
Singapore Flyer

On the 2007 trip, Nicky came out to join me for a couple of days. Long way to go for just a couple of days, but we had a great time, and definitely want to go back for a longer visit sometime soon.

Here are a few photos from the 2007 trip:



Nicky and Miff
From the Lotus Grille
Nicky at the bar
Singapore