Saturday 7 January 2012

Apps

A lot of familiar Saturday stuff today - walking the dog in the woods, Nicky teaching, playing ball with Jake out on the road, and Saturday tea sat around the bar in the kitchen. All good!

This evening I have been getting the Macbook Air sorted out with some software. (Alas, a little hardware damage to report - a small dent in one corner, but it doesn't cause any problems - just a bit disappointing as it is no longer in showroom condition. Maybe something to do with putting in my hand luggage in a carrier bag to bring it home from the US! At least the US to UK adaptor that I ordered from Amazon for a couple of pounds has arrived, and seems to be working OK.) On the software front, I have installed Office for Mac (thanks to a special offer through work - £8.95!) and also a couple Apps, including Evernote, which looks quite good. I've also purchased iBank, and if I can get it up and running as I want it, it may well be the end of the road for the trusty (old - 2005?) Vaio laptop.

Nicky and John both went to see Margaret at the hospital, and whilst it sounds like Margaret didn't have a particularly settled night yesterday, today she has been out of bed and upright on her new knee, so this is progress indeed. We're having lunch in Maidstone tomorrow, so will pop in and see her whilst we are there.