Sunday 8 January 2012

Standard

Here I am, back in Brighton once again, looking forward to a busy week of year-end fun and games.

What seems like a long time ago now, we had a nice lunch at the Pippin in Maidstone, before going to see Nanny in the hospital. Despite obviously being very tired, she seemed to be doing well, although we are not expecting her to come home tomorrow.

I came down to Brighton this evening, and we have successfully been face-timing from here to home, which is nice - got to make use of these technological advances now that I have the Macbook Air.

My room at my-hotel is a little disappointing - I am in a "standard" double, which is not what I am used to and is rather small. I asked the front desk if they could move me, but it looks like the hotel is pretty much full on Wednesday, so there are no other rooms that I could have, apart from the "Bamboo" suite, which I had a look at. It is very nice, and might be a good idea for a weekend away some time, but didn't really suit for a week at work, and besides which, my employer might have grumbled a little about the expense claim!