Sunday 15 January 2012

Superior

I thought about calling this post "Deja vu", but that had a vague ring of the familiar about it, maybe like a half forgotten dream (or the ripples from a pebble someone tosses in a stream), but then I looked at this post and realised why.

It was supposed to be football again this morning, and once again we had a lift with John and Owen. However, after we'd arrived (Greenhithe) and the boys had had a kick around, it was decided that the game should be called off due to a frozen pitch, so we turned around and came back home.

(By the way, in the above, is it had had or had? After all, Smith, where Jones had had had had had had had had had had had the examiner's approval?!)

Lunch was soup and rolls (after Nicky and Margaret had "borrowed" a shower), and then this afternoon we were at home, apart from a quick spin in my new car to show off to Grandad and a quick kick around outside with Jake (see what I mean about the deja vu).

Nicky did a super supper of roast pork, which we all devoured, and then soon after it was time to pack a bag and come back to Brighton.

Have discovered what about a quarter of the buttons do in my car so far. Can now play music from my phone through the Bluetooth connection. If I get bored this week, I could always start ploughing my way through the 500 or so pages of the owner's manual.

Perhaps it will be an exciting week, but I suppose I'd gladly settle for mundane!

Oh yes, and one other thing, I am no longer Standard, I am Superior. Mind you, I'm not going up in the world - still orange.

Anyone interested in nice hotels in Oxford could try out this link.