Monday 9 December 2013

Coal shed

And so we move into the penultimate working week of the year, and as seems to be becoming a tradition at this point in the calendar, we have a visit from some US colleagues this week, meaning that I am spending most of the first part of the week based in Brighton.

I was up and out early this morning and to the office by about 8.30, despite a long journey in the car, only to discover that their flight in was a little delayed, and that they then took quite a while to get to us from Heathrow, arriving in Brighton at about lunchtime. Still, at least I could catch up on a couple of other things in the morning.

This evening we took the US guys out to a steak restaurant in Brighton (not entirely sure about the choice given that they are based in Dallas and so are probably pretty much surrounded by steak joints) called Coal Shed. Food not bad - I enjoyed my bone marrow starter, but wasn't all that keen on my fillet steak - probably says more about me than about the steak - should've had a burger!

Anyway, back home late for a quick sleep before turning around and doing it all again early tomorrow.

Home news is good today - the scaffolders were here pretty early and so the roof has been fixed, and even more excitingly (!) we heard that Nicky's new car has arrived, so she has arranged insurance, and we pick it up on Saturday.