Monday 23 December 2013

TOE / PFO

In to hospital this morning for my TOE. We got there at about 9.30, and we're done and away before midday. I'm claiming that I remember the whole thing, but who knows whether that's actually the case or not! However, the good news is that it was in no way unpleasant, and the even better news is that they have confirmed that I have a PFO.

Seems a bit odd calling that good news, but as I understand things, the key point is that it is something that can be fixed pretty easily, and fingers crossed, it will sort out both the migraines and the AF as well.

As for the rest of the day, after a quick stop off at Waitrose on the way home - I'm working on a principle that it is impossible to have too many chocolate fingers and chocolate biscuits - most of the rest of the day was spent in the kitchen making lovely things for Christmas. Well. Nicky did all of the making, and I watched and did the occasional bit of washing up.

We now have two cooked and glazed hams (one cooked in Coke and one in cider and apple juice!), a home made trifle, and a ginger cake. And there are even plans to be making a Baileys cheesecake tomorrow!