Sunday 23 March 2014

London Walk

On Wednesday, after my meeting in Wimbledon, I got the train back in towards the middle of London, and arrived at Vauxhall station with some spare time before I was due for a work dinner, and so decided to go for a walk.

I walked over Vauxhall Bridge, and along Millbank to the Tate Gallery, and stopped in to have a look around.

Vauxhall Tate

As well as having some beautiful works of art to admire, the gallery itself is a really great place to wander around and enjoy.

Tate Tate Tate

Some of my favourite pieces in the gallery were the sculptures. The next three photos are Der Trommler by Michael Sandle, Working Model for Three Piece No. 3 by Henry Moore, and Forms in Echelon by Barbara Hepworth.

Tate Tate Tate

After enjoying my time at the Tate, I carried on walking (ending up walking all of the way to the restaurant we were meeting at which was close to Ludgate Circus), passing Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Whitehall and Trafalgar Square.

Big Ben Eye Mandela Westminster Abbey Cenotaph Trafalgar Square