Sunday 3 July 2011

Back up

It is only three and a half weeks until we go on holiday, and I really could do with getting organised with photos and cameras.

My photo storage system involves having lots of "albums" in iphoto, all numbered up according to various events, and for their to be a replica of these albums saved as folders onto our external hard drive. On top of that, pictures are uploaded to flickr (stored in "sets" which are grouped in year-based "collections").

Today I've sorted out iphoto and got the hard disk backup up to date. Flickr takes considerably longer due to the uploading speed on the computer, but I have made some good progress today. Admittedly I am still working my way through last summer's cruise holiday, but I am hoping that once that is done I will discover that a fair amount of more recent stuff has already been uploaded, and it won't take me too much longer to get up to date.

It would be great if the uploading could be up to date before holidays, as we all know that I will have another several hundred to do once we get back from Florida.

As for the plan to start scanning, sorting, and uploading old prints from film cameras (remember those?), who knows when I'll get around to that!