Wednesday 6 July 2011

Return

I was away, but now I have returned. It was a little odd staying in the Seattle in anything other than wintry conditions, but Brighton tried to make me feel at home yesterday afternoon but pouring with rain whilst we were out and about in the town on our scavenger hunt.

Not that I am competitive, but I am pleased to report that my team won. Admittedly it was partly assisted by my willingness to subsidise the meagre budget we had been given to acquire all of the things on the list, but even so, some of the most entertaining bits were getting photos, which included a team member on a skateboard, a team member in the sea, a team member on a fairground ride, a team member playing a musical instrument, the whole team with an animal, and the whole team with a policeman!

I think that the afternoon and evening were a success. I think that most people appreciate being given the opportunity to have an afternoon of silly games at work. It was a bit of a shame that not more people were able to stay over at the hotel, so after dinner there were only about fifteen left in the bar. It was also mildly assuming and a little disconcerting to look around the group and realise that I was the oldest one there by quite a margin.

Off to the T20 at Hove tomorrow evening - hoping that the weather picks up a bit.

Oh yes, and after my interesting meeting on Monday lunchtime, I now have another one set up for Friday afternoon.

One final thing for today - skipped through a recording of last night's Holby when I got in this evening, and sure enough, we now have a fully fledged TV star in the family.