Wednesday 12 October 2011

Jersey

Sorry about the one word title and no content whatsoever yesterday. I really was testing the blogging system to make sure that I could still send in blogs by email (as I had to change my "secret word" for the email messages). The plan was to do the test, and then delete that post later in the day to be replaced by something a little more verbose.

However, time was against me somewhat yesterday. I worked from home in the morning, and then at lunchtime lobbed a few things in an overnight bag and dashed over to Gatwick. Met up with Dave and we Flybe'd it to Jersey. Did a bit more work when I arrived, then went out for dinner with Dave and his board. Had a drink with Dave after dinner back at the hotel, and then had to head back to my room to do a midnight conference call (with the US and Australia) before doing a bit more work before clambering into bed.

So, the opportunities for an updated post were a tad limited, and it kind of slipped my mind!

Today wasn't quite so hectic. Meetings in Jersey this morning and then back to the airport for the flight back to Gatwick, and then the rest of the afternoon in the office.

Gatwick is very clearly having a huge amount of money thrown at it at the moment. The security area after check in is different from when I was last there, everywhere you look something is being done up and refurbished, and then on the way back today I got the impression that we may very possibly have been the first flight to ever use the shiny new baggage carousel. (My bag was second off - love it when that happens!)

I'd parked in the short term parking at the terminal, and I think that I went over 24 hours by about half an hour. As a result, I think that the parking charge was higher than either of the outward or returning flights!