Sunday 13 July 2014

Germany

For me a bit of a day of progress on the IT front. Concerned with my laptop's constant complaints about being full up, given that I will be taking it on holiday soon (single digit countdown as of today) and will be piling on a load more photos then, I have been transferring photos over to the external hard drive. Having just checked as I type this, the latest report says that I have over 17 GB of spare space, which is the most I've had for quite some time.

(By the way, in the "big data" session on Friday, I learnt some new words. The one that sticks in my mind is a "brontobyte" which I think is 10^27 bytes.)

Whilst waiting for photos to copy across between drives, I've been pottering about on the computer doing a few other things, and the eagle-eyed amongst you may notice a slight change in the appearance of the blog.

As for this evening's entertainment, Germany were worthy winners of the World Cup. Now we have to manage over a month without any football - MOTD back in August!