Sunday 26 June 2011

Book3

It was my turn on the rota at church today, and up and away for our 9:30 service. The hymn books that we use at church come in (at least 3) volumes, and today we had a hymn from book 3. Unfortunately it means that separate word sheets have to be handed out as the words only edition only covers books 1 and 2.

Rose kindly dropped a copy of book 3 round to me on Friday so that I could have a practice, as I don't have a copy at home. The one that was on today was ok, but not one of my favourites. However, there were a few pages in Rose's copy that were marked with sticky tabs, and one of them turned out to be a rather lovely song by Jarrod Cooper called "King of Kings, Majesty" which I have enjoyed playing.


After church, John and Margaret came round for a barbecue, and we had a very pleasant al fresco lunch, and then admired the photos from St Petersburg. J&M also very kindly brought me back a picture from St Petersburg - we really need to take a load of our pictures from travels along to a framer so that we can get them up on the wall soon.


St Petersburg
It's been pretty warm here today - the street cricket game was hot work this afternoon - thankfully I was let off after a short game as Jake joined in with the street-wide water fight that was taking place along our road.

I must also take this opportunity to tell my wife how gorgeous she is, and promise to bring her flowers home this week as it has been far too long since I spoilt her like that. Come to think of it, I must be due to buy her some more Chanel perfume, as I noticed this morning that the bottle Jake and I bought her for Mother's day has nearly gone and she does smell divine when she wears it.