Sunday 19 June 2011

Fathers

Good evening once again from the lounge laptop. Thanks Jake. Can't possibly tear myself away from the golf coverage. Rory has just hit his tee shot to within 6 inches on the tenth, and tapped in to go 17 under par. It's stopped being a question of if he will win, but rather what will the winning margin be, and how many more records will he break along the way. Also great to see the American crowd cheering and chanting him every step of the way from here on in.

I've had a great Fathers' Day. Nicky and Jake got me a world map poster which we are going to put up in the games room. It comes with stickers that we can put on it to show where we've been in the world. They also got me the largest bar of toblerone in the world, which I might have to go and find in a few minutes - would make a rather good accompaniment to watching the golf.

This afternoon we've been for roast dinner with Bec, Mark H&O, and Mum and Dad as well. Lovely to see everyone as always, and as a bonus, I got another present from Mum and Dad - some more scrummy chocolate (clearly I have a reputation) and Ed Stourton's dog-walking book. Mum must have been having a pyschic moment at Waterstone's, as I'd been reading reviews and thinking that it looked like a good read just the other day.

Played some more street cricket with Jake when we got home. He's not bad at all - I reckon that he'll be fine with the two days of cricket at school at the start of the holidays - hopefully he'll enjoy it.

Then for the rest of the evening up to now I've been hunting for paperwork and filling in my compliance form for work. Will submit it tomorrow, and wait and see which bits of it get me in trouble!

(By the way, Dad - I've got the publish button working!)