Saturday 24 December 2011

Day 7 - Golf and Fantasmic

Well day 7's post really needs to start with day 6 as I failed to blog about it until now.

Day 6 got off to a slow, and unspeakably sad start, with the receipt of news from the UK that we had been fearing.

However, we dusted ourselves off, and decided that getting on with enjoying our holiday was the right thing to do, and so went over to the Boardwalk for some lunch, and for Jake and I to play some silly games in the arcade (several variations on the grabber machine theme, but despite being convinced that I was going to win a 3DS at one stage, we came away empty handed). After lunch we played a round of crazy golf at Fantasia Gardens, where Nanny got holes in one on two holes in a row - the drinks are on her for the rest of the holiday.

After golf we came back to the hotel, and in the evening went up the road to the River Roost bar at Port Orleans, where some mucking about with Bob the pianist, along with a few cocktails, was just what was needed. Nicky got to be a partridge in a pear tree.

After a fairly late night, Nicky and I then had an early morning, as I had an early tee time at the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.

Nicky is very concerned that I will insist on giving a shot by shot analysis of my round, but I will avoid that, and limit myself to the following:

- I had a great time, and it was lovely that Nicky came along too to keep me company;
- I think that Nicky actually rather enjoyed driving the cart;
- this was the best golf course I have ever played on by a country mile;
- I got a par 3 on the 7th - the one with the island green that our balcony overlooks;
- all of the staff were really friendly, from the people in the pro shop, the guys who sorted me out with clubs and shoes, the starter, the people on the course, and the girl who drove the refreshments cart;
- I can see a round of golf becoming a regular fixture in future Florida holidays!



Playing LBV Golf Gourse Cart driver


This afternoon was spent at the hotel, playing table tennis, having a dip in the pool, and generally soaking up the rays - the weather is amazing - getting close to record highs for this time of year (I think that a lot of the records were set during our honeymoon year).

Finally, this evening we went for a second visit (as predicted) to Red Lobster for dinner before heading in to Hollywood Studios to see the 8pm Fantasmic show.


Fantasmic Fantasmic