Saturday 2 June 2012

Clubhouse

I am posting this from the rather splendid Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at Heathrow. I am trying to upload a photo from my phone to show you, but it doesn't seem to be playing ball at the moment, so may have to do that a little later on.

The Clubhouse is pretty impressive - there's a restaurant, a few lounges, a big TV area (with the golf on), a salon and spa, bar, and even a pool table! There is a full menu of goodies in front of me, but I am being restrained and have just asked for a Coke - probably don't want to get on a transatlantic flight with a few cocktails on board!

Despite dire warnings of holiday weekend traffic, our journey from home went very smoothly - we set off as planned at 7am, and we were here, parked, and checked in by half past eight. We had breakfast together before the sad farewells, and Nicky and Jake should be on their way to see Henry now.

I was told on the way into the lounge that they should be calling our flight at about 10.45, so hopefully we'll be getting away pretty much on time, and so I will be blogging some more from Miami later on.

The phone upload has just come through to flickr, so here's a picture of the lounge - I'm currently sat on the little white table on the right of the photo!


Clubhouse