Sunday 13 February 2011

Captain

Firstly, thanks to anyone who has posted a comment to one of my blogs. It's nice to know that they are read by more than one person! I'm not sure if Blogger allows subsidiary commenting as seems to be the case on Wordpress, so please don't think that if you post a comment that I then ignore you - it would be nice to respond to each comment individually, and if anyone knows how, please let me know. However, I do see them all, both on the site and because each comment triggers an email to me as well, so please keep the comments coming!

Anyway, today is Sunday and the Captain of today's title is in fact Jake. Being Sunday, we've had a selection of many of the Sunday staples - piano at church, roast dinner with Nanny and Granddad, and Jake and Granddad are currently at the ice hockey. But also, being Sunday, Jake's football team had a game.

Jake knew that there was something special taking place today but wasn't sure what. Well, when he got to the game he found out that he was going to be captain today. Not only that, he was awarded the "most improved player" trophy at the end of the game. The result is not important (yes, I know I wouldn't be saying that if they won!) - what matters is that Jake is doing well for his team.

And the team picture was in the local paper this week.