Friday 11 February 2011

Journey

(Firstly, in response to a reader request, the Shrewsday Times refers to Kate's wonderful blog which can be found by clicking on this link.)

My journey home was a long one today. Leaving Brighton I heard on the radio that there had been an accident on the A23 so I turned off and went along the A27 to Lewes and up past Crowborough and Tunbridge Wells.

Whilst wending my way along dark, damp and windy (by which I mean with lots of bends, not blowing a gale) A roads, I was reminded of the lovely sun-kissed, dramatic-viewed Highway One in California, down which we travelled last April en route from San Francisco to LA. May seem like the journeys in question don't have much in common, but it was Journey that took me there.

To be more precise it was their song "Don't Stop Believing" which was being played on All Request Friday.

This song, which I didn't know at all before last year, featured twice on a CD that we bought on our way to America and which then got played over and over in the car. It was the latest of the "Now" series and had both the original and the Glee versions on it, so one or other came around fairly regularly.

Now whenever I hear it, I am reminded of Pacific views, Big Sur and Bixby Bridge.

I won't stop believing - that we'll be back there sometime soon.